When you're looking to create your command station think about the time you have and then decide what kind of project you want to tackle. Search command station on pinterest and their are homes with entire walls dedicated to being organized. I say start small and tackle your biggest challenge. Maybe it's meal planning, or opening mail, or checking off your to-do list. Maybe it's keeping track of your workouts and fitness goals. There are lots of options between Home Sense, Michael's, and Staples to give you a few base pieces that you can embellish with your personal style. Look for embellishments at: the dollar store, michaels, staples, walmart. Think about anything little like buttons, beads flowers, and other small adorable objects.
My favourite items for adding your personal touch:
- magnets and pushins - take anything small and super glue it to a pin or magnet; you can even use kids toys!
- washi tape & Fabric tape - perfect for creating borders, lines, and other fun shapes
- pom-poms - garlands galore!
- stickers - perfect for adding text to your station - great if yor hand writing isn't the lovely cursive we all admire
- cording & clothes pins - so many options in colours & sizes
- stencils & paint - great for creating borders or fun decorative accents
Wrinkle & Crease - I'm super into the kraft paper! (photo above)
Crafted by Lindy - I'm the worst at remembering birthdays (thank you facebook) - but one of these perpetual calendars would be so much better.
Purchase It - Lists & Meal Planning
On printing - don't like the size? Don't forget you can modify that in your print options - perhaps you need a smaller calendar. Maybe you want to print on both sides and use it like a diary. There are great self laminating sheets now a days - you could use one of those with a white erase marker. Or frame your printable in a picture frame (these ones from Ikea fit a standard 8.5"x11" perfectly!) to write on it.
Free Printables - To Do Lists, Chore Charts, and Meal Planning
Thirty Handmade Days - I love how colourful this chore chart is and how you can fill it in as needed.
Mine! - A bit of a retro vibe that might make your home feel diner-esque. You know what that's like with kids, a different meal for everyone!
Free Printables - Calendars
Free Printables - Garden Planners