1. I did a terrible job of getting through last week's link-up participants updates. And I'm seriously riddled with guilt. And if I didn't have three episode's of Grey's to catch up... maybe I can multi-task. I'm sorry!!!!!!!
2. My pictures are horrible this week. It was so overcast today the light in the room was horrible and I'm just too pooped to do any real editing. So forgive the crummy shots.
3. Now the worst. Hubby really isn't sure about the wall mural, and honestly, I'm not sure I love the wall mural either - at least not in the space. I oh so badly wanted this to work out and now I'm biting my nails. So I really love one of the two walls (a couple pictures below) but definitely not the other. And I'm wondering how I can cut the drywall and remove this section and preserve the fun my daughter and I had painting this forever. Ok let's be real. It was stressful. I truthfully painted over 50-70% of what she did and kept guiding her. Admission: I'm a control freak - well at least when it comes to design. Really there's no way the drywall is going to get cut, replaced, primed, and painted in a week from now. Not going to happen.
Progress this past week besides the mural:
1. Played with some styling on the dresser. Not sure if the vase will stay or go.
2. Finished putting the desk together. Love it! It's a bit wobby as it's so thin and narrow so I'm going to secure it to the wall. As it won't be used frequently this seems like a reasonable option (and it's week five).
3. The pendant light over the desk got hung. I'm so glad I scored this beauty, with the desk being only 18" deep room for a table lamp was at a premium.
4. Art painted, found, printed, etc and put into their frames. I've hung most of it but have a couple to do still. I'm mixing metals in the room and the art is muted to contrast the bright colours elsewhere. If anything it's cheap (some of it) and easy to replace.
5. I found the most stunning reclaimed barn wood shelf from a local couple who also sell on Etsy - check them out!
I also intend to buy a gazillion more of these for the rest of my house.
Need to have:
2. Another side table (I have something in mind but I don't love the price)
3. Headboard slip cover.
Nice to have:
1. Paint the bed frame. You know when you put white next to white and one really isn't white. Well yeah.
2. Extra fun accessories but this is the guest room and I know hubs is already going - ok wait, how much are we buying for this room we almost never use.
3. Spray paint the existing curtain rod.
Ok, it's the home stretch. We can do it!