Onto the room. What's been done this week:
1. I pulled pretty much everything out of the room as best I can - shoes, items for donation, things to pass on to friends. Our hallway outside the room became a bit of an obstacle course but I figured if I tripped over things enough times then I'd be really motivated to get it to where it needed to go - and I did - save for a couple things but mostly it's all gone. And now I can sleep at night. As such the closet is looking much better. I'd like to integrate some storage on the bottom so things aren't sitting on the ground. But this is B priority to making the room look decent enough to keep the door open and not closed.
1. Shuttle a couple things around (some stuff is still on the bed) as our number one guest is coming for an overnight early next week- yep, Daddy-O. Perhaps a good time to run the floral drapes I'm thinking will work past him - 'hey Dad, how do you like these kinda girly floral drapes?' My guess is that as long as we don't change the mattress he'll be ok with whatever I put in the room. And I don't want him getting too comfy in there!
2. Move the furniture to start taping off for the wall mural. As soon as dad leaves that is. I'm still generating a hundred idea in my head, time to start sketching.
3. Start cutting and prepping fabric. Oh, have I mentioned I've got about eight (8!) different fabrics to potentially incorporate into the room - not including the drapes! There is going to be a lot of colour in this space.
4. Measure and confirm what furniture I'll use on either side of the bed.
5. Get the unused rug and furniture listed to sell.
6. Tackle the current chair for re-do.
Don't forget to see how the rest of the One Room Challenge Rooms are going - link through the logo.