I've made some good progress though - 80% of all painting is done... which truthfully was the biggest component of this job. I didn't actually think painting the bookshelf (which I've had for over 10 years, good work Ikea!) was truly going to be so consuming. But it is. But I'm too cheap to have paid for it to be sprayed. So it's definitely needing some sanding between coats and thats the kicker.
I spray painted some trim for the dresser thinking it would be the perfect shade of pink. But it's not. So I've re-sprayed them a more cranberry red colour and that's how they're staying.
Hmm, what else, Bought a new swivel chair, I have some DIY dreams for it but I'm putting that at the bottom of my list.
-put a protective coat on the bookshelf
-hang some fun wrapping paper as a wallpaper
-recover the cabinet fronts in a new fabric (because sadly the current stuff, though vintage, isn't working in the space)
-buy two new chairs: my dilemma here is everything is so BORING and my DIY time is low. Pattern is my thing and everything is so blah. This task is slowly becoming priority low.
-change the knobs on the dresser, paint the drawer fronts, and mount the decorative trim
-hang pictures and do a little organization
Next week I want to share all my artwork and local love for some other talented makers and artists in our city. I picked up a new print and some original 5x7's from my friend Jill that I really want to share among other things. Hope everyone is making good progress on their spaces!