A word on spray paint if I may. I don't want to get all biased - and their is no affiliation or brand payback here. But while the colours with Krylon are kinda cool, it covers like garbage. It's thin, runny, and I just don't like it. So get yourself some rust-o-leum and minimize your efforts. But with all the spray painting done I'm glad to be moving on to wait... more staining.
Oh, I bought another rug. It's bigger. And I'm undecided if I will keep both, layering them, return one. Or I don't know what.
I got the girls in on a project - and of course they don't know it's for them. I love how the project turned out and can't wait to show you.
In a late night push to clean up my office/craft space this past week I found a print I ordered ages ago from Children Inspire Design. I think the otomi print will work great on the chalk board wall.
The wall will be so long (8') that adding some extra art incentive could be fun. I'm going to frame the print between two pieces of plexi and then get the crayola window writers so the girls can colour in the animals, doodles, etc. I just might crawl up there and do that too!
- Stain all the support beams for the elevated portion and the roof
- Stain/paint the chalk board wall & the side walls
- Build the plexi frame
- Frame more artwork (at least this seems easy!)
- Finish sewing the hanging chair
- Make cushions to cover the plastic stools
- Build - and by I mean build, there is so much to assemble. I'm freaked out!
I hope I'm not the only one feeling this way!!! Check out the other linking participants through the ORC logo.