Don't forget - you can see what happened in weeks one through three here. As for this past week, let's review. Last week I said:
What’s the plan for the coming week? Finish up the last little bit of painting including some special work in the gym area; start customizing the besta units, sewing (whoop – my fabric came); and likely start wiring the home theatre component of the renovation. Time permitting we will get working on the side table and I’m hoping to get started on a custom shelf – I ordered some fab legs – can’t wait to reveal them to you!
- Finish painting - check. As you can see I added a bit of fun to the gym walls. I have always wanted the lower section of the walls to be dark to hide scuffs and marks. Mountain peaks were easy enough! And bonus - it's left over paint from the Spring ORC.
- Besta unit customization - check and grr. We had an old drawer front and surprise - the new drawer units don't fit the old fronts. Stupid ikea. So now I'm trying to figure out the best plan of action.
- Sewing - nope
- Home theatre wiring - check. The three new speakers will go in after we hang the barn board.
- Side table started - check
- Shelf started - check, though the legs have yet to arrive... I was originaly going to antique this shelf but then the room started looking more rustic than I planned so now I'm going for a high gloss gray.
- Ottoman purchased - and boom! got a call that it has arrived!
- Barn board ledge/shelf installed - what a pain finding brackets, total Canadian issues. We ended up using handrail brackets.
- Accessories being acquired - see photos below. Aren't the laser cut wood pieces adorable! They're from the Crate & Barrel holiday collection but work perfectly in the space.
- Barn boards up and speakers in
- Finish the custom shelf
- Pick up ottoman
- Offload and purchase a new coach - but help!!! We can't decide what colour couch to go with - dark gray or brown with gray fibres - room as it is, couch fabric options on the right.